Thursday, August 9, 2007

Self-Portraits


For today's "show and tell" the girls wanted to show you the self-portrait paper dolls they made. Molly and McKenna (in particular) love to do anything involving scissors, glue and paper... basically anything that involves a lot of clean-up on Mommy's part! This is why I usually hesitate to allow them to satisfy their creative urges (which are a fairly constant thing for McKenna... she always has to be creating something), aside from the easily managable crayons and pads of paper. But, since Daddy was away last week, I gave in and we made a trip both to the library to seek out craft books and then to the Dollar Tree to purchase the necessary supplies for these rather large works of art. The girls and I had a great time making these together and they were very proud of the results shown here.

Molly would like to add that, "My paper doll looks like myself. And it has pigtails just like me. And she has a beautiful dress. I made it with a little help from Mama."

McKenna says, "My paper doll looks like me. She is beautiful but a little bit smaller than me. I had a little bit of help from my Mommy."
























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi my sweet family!! What a joy to see you and your beautiful art creations.. I have two budding artists!!! Each day is a wonderful surprise and find a new message on the blog---you make me smile! Tomorrow Poppop and I may go and watch bullriding!! yippee-i-oh!!! Luv, Mommom