Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Beating the Heat

Hello Family! Ron and I thought this would be a great way for family to keep up with the goings-ons in the Garner household. I can't promise daily posts, but I hope to update the blog frequently as a way of staying close with our far-flung families.

Today is supposed to reach 98 degrees and tomorrow is to approach 100... way too hot to be out and about! So today, the girls have friends over (Isabel and Andrew) for a "daytime slumber party", complete with pj's, sleeping bags, favorite stuffed animals, pillows, popcorn, and ofcourse, a movie. I don't take credit for this stroke of genius... it is something I read about doing in Family Fun magazine and thought it sounded like fun. We did it one other time this summer, and it was a big hit, so I thought why not do it again? School is fast approaching, so we're trying to pack as much fun into the remaining summer break as possible!

Well, I'll close this first post. I hope you will all enjoy being able to have a small glimpse into our daily lives, and that somehow through this we'll all be closer in heart.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

On Wednesday nite, let the girls watch So You Want To Dance...make Ron watch it too. Then, when they get to the Dunkin Donuts Commercial with the frozen coffee latte, I want you to ask "What Is Wrong With This Picture?" Hint. Think Broadway At The Beach. A quarter goes to the person with the correct answer. DOD

Anonymous said...

You're on, DOD!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Great idea! looks like fun. What movie are they watching? -kris

Anonymous said...

Spirit... it's about a horse. Matt Damon does the voice.