Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Halloween Craft

One evening a few weeks ago, the girls and I made these shirts from an idea I got from Family Fun Magazine. We cut out pumpkin shapes from paper and the girls arranged them on their shirts. I then sprayed the shirts with clorox bleach from a water bottle, let them set a minute and immediately put them in cold water in a bucket. After washing the shirts, the girls decorated their pumpkins with permanent markers and used their finger prints with green paint to make the "stems". Apparently, they were a big hit when the girls wore them to school the next day. What made this project even more fun for mommy was that it only cost $2 as I found the shirts at the dollar tree, and had everything else on hand. Yippee! And FYI... Molly's shirt is on the left, and McKenna's is on the right... I am sure they would want you to know whose was whose. :)

No comments: