Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Rite of Passage

Today Molly and McKenna embarked upon a rite of passage of girlhood: dance lessons. They had their very first lesson in tap and ballet at a local Community Center this evening. Joined by 4 other girls, MnM were introduced to the "boogie-woogie", "shuffle", "first postion", and "fifth position" by their very kind teacher, Miss Luci.

Myself and 2 other proud moms watched our little leotard-clad girls as they carefully followed their teacher's instructions, and gamely imitated her steps. It was simply precious to behold!
















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great pictures and the video. we just got home and went right to the computer to check out your blog. We love them.
the 2 G's

Missy K said...

This made me smile!

Anonymous said...

Hi
My sweet angels!!! and future" so you think you can dance "contestants!!!--These pictures bring back memories when your Mommy and Aunt Kristen took lessons- Such Fun!! I hope you continue to enjoy your lessons-and maybe I can come to a future dance recital----Don't forget to call me sometime, I miss hearing your sweet voices! Love , MomMom